Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Morning in Europe

Bonjour!  Good morning from Paris!

So I'm sitting in my hotel room (which overlooks the Seine), getting ready for class this morning and I thought I'd do a quick blog post to let everyone know how I'm doing.

Our flights went incredibly smoothly, and we arrived at CDG with little-to-no issues.  I had my smoothest experience EVER through Passport Control (i.e. he asked me zero questions) and we boarded the bus and headed off to our hotel.  Last night we had a big dinner as a group and then all sat around talking for a bit before we went to bed.  Today we have class in the morning and then we're heading to the Louvre for the afternoon.  A bunch of us also want to go see the Eiffel Tower tonight when it's all lit up, but that's going to involve braving the Metro :-)

So my biggest accomplishment thus far is that everyone I've spoken to in French has spoken back to me in French as well (minus the grumpy waitress lady who had to serve fifty Americans last night).  I've been able to understand and help other people in my group, and I even had an entirely French conversation with the officer at Passport Control!  I'm really proud of myself, as silly as that may sound.

Anyway, I should start actually getting ready for class.  Pictures will be forthcoming (hopefully) in the next couple of days.  

Lots of love from across the pond!

Dara

2 comments:

  1. How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm
    After they've seen Paree'
    How ya gonna keep 'em away from Broadway
    Jazzin around and paintin' the town
    How ya gonna keep 'em away from harm, that's a mystery
    They'll never want to see a rake or plow
    And who the deuce can parleyvous a cow?
    How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm
    After they've seen Paree'

    -Joe Young and Sam M. Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bienvenue a Paris!

    The box of stuff you shipped from Atlanta arrived so I put it in your room.

    Happy Eiffel towering,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete