Monday, May 25, 2009

Atlanta Touristing

Hi, everyone!

So I've spent the last couple of days on my own in Atlanta doing all the major tourist things there are to do here.  I went to Centennial Olympic Park, saw the aquarium, went into the World of Coke gift shop (didn't bother with the tour, not much to do for a non-soda drinker), and took a tour of CNN Headquarters.  My favorite part was definitely the Olympic Rings Fountain; there were all of these kids running around and playing, and it kind of made me miss Camp Hadar the teeniest bit.

The highlight of today was definitely my first real Southern food experience--I went to a tearoom that one of the guys on my trip had recommended, and I had real fried chicken with all the fixings, it was amazing.  I also got peach cobbler to go, which I'll be enjoying later tonight :-)

Last night, a few guys from my program invited me out to a movie with them, which was really nice.  I saw Angels & Demons again, but this time whenever we'd see a new painting or sculpture, we'd be like "I know that!  I'm going to see it in a week!"  It was pretty sweet.

Tomorrow we're leaving for Paris (with a stop in London first), which is so exciting!  Although I've definitely enjoyed my time in "the ATL", the best is most definitely yet to come.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to visit all of those places!! And congrats on your first truly southern meal - everyone needs at least one in life. Can't wait to see you tonight on the plane!!! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete