Sunday, June 7, 2009

When in Rome...

A cheesy joke, I know, but we've already made it approximately fifty BAGILLION times and we've been in Rome for less than an hour :-)

So after my excessively long nap yesterday, a bunch of us decided to go out for our last night in Florence.  We got all dolled up and went out dancing together, which was so much fun.  It's amazing how comfortable I feel with fifty or so people that I didn't even know three weeks ago.

This morning we left Florence at about 8:30 for Rome, but we stopped in Pisa for lunch on the way.  Pisa itself is a pretty interesting place...there are all these people selling cheap knockoffs who hover in the tourist bus parking lot to harass people as soon as they step off the buses, and it really doesn't go up much from there.  The tower was cool (and definitely leaning), but other than that there wasn't much to do.  We had a nice lunch and then got back on the bus, where we watched "Gladiator" to commemorate the beginning of our visit to Rome.

Our hotel here is lovely--right now I'm sitting right in front of our room's huge balcony looking out at a beautiful sky.  Unfortunately, I have to go write my music paper, so it's not as if I can really enjoy it :-)

Off to work, but if you have time here are the Florence pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014498&id=1326450024&l=c721471368

Dara

1 comment:

  1. Go to Giolitti's! Probably one of the best gelato places in the city. I think it is around the Trevi Fountain area.

    I also highly recommend La Palma


    Elliot

    ReplyDelete